Ren'Py Visual Novel Engine Games Troubleshooting Steps
Here are some troubleshooting steps to follow in case you are experiencing issues with games made in Ren'py visual novel engine:
- Make sure you have DirectX installed.
- Also, make sure you have Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package installed.
- If the previous steps do not solve the problem, you may want to consider updating your graphics and/or sound drivers.
- Holding Shift during the start-up of the game might help it run.
- Try creating a Safe Mode file and add the following:
<filename of the renpy game>.exe
If none of the solutions listed have helped, please contact Steam Support about getting a refund.
If you are experiencing issues with the game not working after it ran on Steam, try navigating to the following path %APPDATA%\RenPy (type it in to the address bar of the explorer path) and then archiving and deleting the folder labeled with the name of the game you are having issues with.
If you are experiencing some sound issues with games made in Ren'py visual novel engine, please follow these steps:
- Make sure you do not have the sound muted. To check, right-click on the sound icon, go to Volume Mixer, and search for the game. Make sure it's not muted or at a very low volume setting.
- Make sure you don't have the game muted. To check, go into the settings menu of the game and check your audio options.
- In some cases, there's a known problem with Razer Synapse intervening with audio. Similar sound applications can cause issues with RenPy games.
- In some rare cases, Ren'py-made games do not like it when have two sound cards are installed.
- If all else fails, unplug your headphones if you are using them.
General Troubleshooting Steps
If you load a game and it's blank and not seeming to load but you hear video, please do the following steps: Install the DirectX 9.0c Redistributable Verify your graphics drivers are up to date Make sure your antivirus is not actively interfering ...
NEKOPARA Troubleshooting Steps
Depending on the error, you may need to follow these recommended steps: If the screen is blank but there is no other error, it may be a steam cloud sync failure. If you get an error about invalid date/time, this is a steam cloud sync issue - ...
Narcissu Kickstarter FAQ
Here are some frequently asked questions pertaining to the Narcissu 10th Anniversary Anthology Project. Q: Will there be a Japanese version of Narcissu? A: Yes. Q: Will Narcissu be available in any other language? A: With the games being as long as ...
Frequently Asked Questions: Here is a list of questions we get frequently. Feel free to suggest ones that you may have, and we will periodically review them to add to this list. Thank you. Does (insert game here) have DRM? Due to the tricky nature of ...
Steam Deck Compatibility Testing
Game Name Working? Notes 2236 A.D. Yes Pending 2236 A.D. Secretary Stories Yes Pending 9-nine-:Episode 1 Yes Pending 9-nine-:Episode 2 Yes Steam Verified 9-nine-:Episode 3 Yes Pending 9-nine-:Episode 4 Yes Pending A Butterfly in the District of ...