- Make sure you have DirectX installed.
- Also, make sure you have Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package installed.
- If the previous steps do not solve the problem, you may want to consider updating your graphics and/or sound drivers.
- Holding Shift during the start-up of the game might help it run.
Try creating a Safe Mode file and add the following:
<filename of the renpy game>.exe
If none of the solutions listed have helped, please contact Steam Support about getting a refund.
If you are experiencing some sound issues with games made in Ren'py visual novel engine, please follow these steps:
- Make sure you do not have the sound muted. To check, right-click on the sound icon, go to Volume Mixer, and search for the game. Make sure it's not muted or at a very low volume setting.
- Make sure you don't have the game muted. To check, go into the settings menu of the game and check your audio options.
- In some cases, there's a known problem with Razer Synapse intervening with audio. Similar sound applications can cause issues with RenPy games.
- In some rare cases, Ren'py-made games do not like it when have two sound cards are installed.
- If all else fails, unplug your headphones if you are using them.